Monday, September 24, 2007

Lace, lace, lace

M's birthday finally forced me to get on with blocking - seeing that one of the lace shawls I finished, was supposed to be her birthday present! And here it is:
Yarn: Kid Merino (Crystal Palace Yarns)
Colour: Sage
Pattern: Melon Pattern (Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby)
While I was at it, I also blocked my Sea Silk project:
Yarn: HandMaiden Sea Silk
Colour: Ocean
Pattern: Print O' The Wave Stole (Design by Eunny Jang)

This second shawl was much fun to knit, especially with the scrumptious Sea Silk yarn - highly recommended!!
I loved Eunny's design, although it was a pity that there was an error in the border design, and also I preferred not to separate the centre into two panels.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Those are truly lovely! What a gorgeous design both of them are! Wow!

eusebius said...

Both absolutely divine!! [licks lips] ;)

Crystal Palace Yarns said...

Lovely Kid Merino project! How many balls did you use?

We'd love to show it off and link to you from our Crystal Palace Blog, too. Would that be OK to do?

Susan Druding
at Crystal Palace Yarns

Tigerduck said...

Hi Susan - how nice. Of course you can link to our blog. I used only three balls of the Kid Merino yarn (the last three balls in that colour when I bought them at Stash), and therefore had to knit the border on a smaller needle in order to be able to finish. 4 balls would have been better... G.

Tournesol said...

Didn't I say her lace knitting is fabulous? Didn't I?

Lizzie said...

Beautiful!!

I love both of those.

CraftyCarole said...

both your shawls are beautiful... I have yet to begin lace knitting... it's on my to do list whenever time allows!

Laurie said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! M is so lucky to have a friend like you!

Anonymous said...

How funny ! I love seasilk and I've just finished a print of the waves shawl in it and am just about to cast on a melon shawl in the ocean colourway!(hence my trawling through blogs looking at completed ones) Both your shawls are just gorgeous!

Theresa said...

Gorgeous! I love that book!