Friday, November 23, 2007

Soooooooo long

Eeeeek - no post for 15 days....! What happened? A lot. We did go to the S&B UK day - I'm looking for the pictures (which is difficult while trying to type) - and had a great time. Ah here they are....

My scarf, our lunch box (red rice salad from 101cookbooks - you have to try it) and the program of the day. There was entertainment for everyone including music from the Shellac Sisters (on old gramophones and a comedy duo called Girl&Dean). We missed the "I knit a hamster" workshop, because they changed the location. We found it too late to join in, but it looked like fun.
There is a flickr group where you can check out lots of more pictures from the show. You'll find I Knit shop owners Craig and Gerard on the catwalk wearing some items knitted from the Debbie Stoller book! Ours came out a bit fuzzy, we only used our phone camera. We're still looking into buying a camera - but as we're also looking into buying a sewing machine it's going to be a close call of what's going to be there first. :-)

I was really good and only bought 1 skein of sock yarn from socktopus- which was great fun to knit and really fast. I finished them yesterday night. (I can't post a picture as they are part of my Christmas knitting. Yey two down! I'm getting there - hopefully!) G bought some amazingly soft yarn from --- I really can't remember. She'll probably post a picture in the next post. She is buried deep in Christmas knitting and I lost track of what's which yarn. We went to explore Brunswick Center and find some strength with a cup of coffee and some more knitting at Carluccio's.

What happened otherwise? Hmm, I finally got the CDs with our new ensemble pictures (343 pictures to work on...thankfully not all of them are worth it!). Lots and lots of Photoshop work. We had the deadline to finish the newsletter for our charity board meeting- which we made despite me having had lots of headaches.
We "converted" J to knitting and had a fantastic Sunday sitting in Starbucks teaching her how to knit - I can feel some Christmas knitting coming her way.

And (with G and J) I finally made it to an I Knit knitting meeting. A really nice evening - of course I finished the sock (remember?). D had had gotten her Moo Cards and badges for her latest project and we all ended up putting badges to our bags... really cool.

On the Knitter's Coffee Swap front G's packet arrived safely at its destination. I wish there would be pictures to point you to, but the girl seems to be so busy with pre-Christmas preparation that she didn't post anything on her blog. You just have to take my word for it that it was a cracking good packet!
Oh and congratulations to T's sister who is having a baby girl in January and (AGAIN) I'm knitting a baby hat. T asked for a sheep hat (apparently he confused one of my patterns) but even after hours on Ravelry I couldn't find a suitable baby hat sheep pattern. I suppose I could make one up, but it's before Christmas, so it's going to be some pattern I have. Although it would be quite cool to design a sheep hat...

No comments: