Thursday, June 7, 2007

My package arrived!

My Knitter's Coffee Swap package arrived from California yesterday. It couldn't have come at a better time. Our rental agreement expires in two months and we are negotiating with the agency - is it really called negotiating if you are bullied into an agreement...? Anyway, no more breath should be wasted on this matter here - my swap package arrived yesterday and looked like this...... You have no idea how hard it was not to rip it open straight away and to take pictures before!

Then it looked like this - and still you can't see what great things were hidden inside. My swap pal wrote that she could track down the package until San Fransisco on the 23rd of May, then it disappeared in space -or rather on a flight to London and spent a considerable time at customs until it arrived on my doorstep.
Inside I found three skeins of Lopi yarn from Iceland perfect for a felted bag (I wanted to make one for sooo long) one skein of Debbie' Bliss cashemerino dk in a petrol color (absolutely stunning color, never seen that one before) and 2 different sorts of coffee. I'm saving it for the weekend. (God, I wished it would be Saturday already!)
This wasn't all! My swap pal also found me a photo album (I have been looking for one for quite a while but couldn't find a nice one), Californian pine nuts and pistachio (how did she know that I love them?!) some sugar free sweets (I can't have 'real' sugar) and a pattern for a felted bag. It virtually made me hop and skip to work like a small child. (I'm the sort of person who hops when happy). Thank you my lovely pal!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

You are so very welcome. I really enjoyed building and packaging your swap box. I am relieved it got to you before...well, Christmas! International mail is unpredictable. Have fun with your goodies.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh . . . looks like some great goodies! I did the knitter's tea swap. I drink both tea and coffee depending on the time of day and my taste buds. I'll have to check out the coffee swap next time.

StarKnits said...

lovely package! this swap was the best, everyone is getting the best packages!