Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Baby Hats

Here they are: the finished baby hats. I made a couple of them earlier this year - before I started the blog - so obviously I didn't take any pictures before I gave them away. I'll try to change that in the future....

Here are the Daisy Hat and the Rosebud Hat (from itty-bitty hats by Susan B. Anderson) for Baby A. born on March 14th to my lovely English/German friends who moved from London to Dresden last year.

Models are Teddy and Mr. Bear. Fortunately, Mr. Bear (left) had no problems to be the model for a girl's hat! I hope he won't mind doing that again as my friend M. from Germany just had a wonderful baby girl. Baby C. was born on April 24th and I started knitting a couple of hats for her... Mr. Bear comes from the Teddy Bear Factory in Vermont, I got him years ago when I went to the U.S.


Teddy is G.'s bear and is my usual baby hat model. Teddy got so upset when I made this hat with ears (still from itty-bitty hats) and gave it away, that I had to make one for Teddy to keep.... The blanket under Teddy was part of the gift and my very first blanket.



For the new baby hat I have tried the figure 8 cast on and at the moment it looks like this. Casting on was not as bad as I thought - probably problems now will start to dribble in...

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Very adorable baby hats! Blanket is amazing. I have never attempted something on that scale with knitting--quilting, yes--but not knitting. Great patience.

Unknown said...

I love the colors you picked for your blanket. May I ask how you did the border? It looks great.

Tournesol said...

I'm glad you liked it! I followed the pattern of the Mason Dixon Log Cabin Blanket: I picked up all the stitches one side at a time and knitted three rows of garter stitch (adding one stitch per row on each side to allow for the corners).