Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Baby hats no II

And here they are: the second lot! Well actually the seventh, but I didn't take any pictures of the first five. This was in my blogless era. I went to the post office after taking the pictures so the hats should arrive at their destination on Friday.

Mr. Bear got to go down to the garden for the photo shoot - yes it's spring! Can you see that I'm very proud of my little garden...? I did a variation on the upside down daisy from Susan B. Anderson's itty-bitty hats.



The other one it a top-down anime hat pattern from Hello Yarn with the famous figure 8 cast on. I have to say it was much easier than I anticipated. Hello Yarn has a help website for figure 8 cast on where everything is very well explained. My problems with this pattern started after the cast on, but I'm not sure if that was my own inability of reading pattern or the distraction in the cafe - I ended up ripping everything apart and starting new, but the second time it went well - as you can see. I also managed to use all the blue yarn for my sister's birthday blanket (she has seen a picture of the work in progress - now she's sure what she'll get and promised to wait patiently) which means I'll have to go out and buy some more. I also managed to roll the wool we bought from Wollmeise for my sockpal into a ball. Huge ball!

No comments: