Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Baby knits and coffee swap

Last September I took part in the Knitters' Coffee Swap 3, but this has been a journey with lots of obstacles. The postman must have really liked the first package my swap partner sent, because I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for it. Maybe it will arrive for Easter, since it didn't make it through the Christmas post...? But now my swap partner sent me a second package, when I had already given up hope altogether. And what a package it was!! Here is a picture:The Sockmeise Wool (colourway "Suzanne") is the best. And, if that's not enough, there are also two scrumptuously soft Regia Merino & Silk skeins. I really love the mug - M. and I were given a Tea Tin with the same motive last year, so it fits right in and the red is absolutely my colour! Mmmmmmhhh.... But not stopping here. There are three different locally roasted coffees from two different places in Bavaria and the "Knit one, kill two" book that I have had my eyes on for a while (watch out housemates... maybe some inspiration ;-) My housemate J. is happy about the sweets in the package, especially the Mozart Kugeln, as I can't have any sugar, so we're all happy.

On a different note, my friend A. in Germany is having her second baby very shortly, and I have been preparing some gifts in Rowan RYC Baby CashSoft:
Pattern: Dotty (from Itty-Bitty Hats by Susan B. Anderson), but with out the dots...

Pattern: Painted Turtle (from Itty-Bitty Hats by Susan B. Anderson)

I'm still working on a blanket, but I am only three 30M squares into the blanket so far.... Watch this spot

2 comments:

dorothee said...

I'm so glad the packet arrived, yay!!! Hope you have fun with it!

Tigerduck said...

Thank you so much! It's fantastic :-) I've been using the mug every day and keep staring at the yarn... I hope you have a great time on holiday - much deserved after your exams.